Golden Gate Bridge in San FranciscoWith its beautiful Art Deco style, iconic orange towers, and sweeping cables across San Francisco Bay, the Golden Gate Bridge is a marvel of modern engineering and one of the most spectacular bridges in the world. Connecting the the northern tip of San Francisco to the Marin Headlands, the Golden Gate Bridge - a stunning symbol of San Francisco - is 1.7 miles long and spans 4,200 feet across the Bay. Drive, bike or walk across the Golden Gate Bridge to enjoy jaw-dropping views of Downtown, San Francisco Bay and the entire Bay Area Bay Area, including Angel Island and Alcatraz. The Golden Gate Bridge celebrated its 75th anniversary in May 2012.
Hours -Open Daily. The Bridge Pavilion is open from 9 am to 6 pm.
Prices -Toll is $6 for cars and $5 for motorcycles
- 75th Year Anniversary Events
- Film: Building of the Golden Gate at Fort Point National Historic Site
- The Bridge on the Big Screen at The Presidio Trust
- Golden Gate Bridge Splash 'n' Dash at South End Rowing Club
- Sightseeing & Photography
- Biking & Walking
- Guided Tours
- Dining at Bridge Café
- Take Green Screen Photos at Round House
- Shopping & Exhibits at Bridge Pavilion